We know nodes.
“With Blockdaemon, we help companies and developers connect to blockchain networks in minutes with high-availability nodes on-premise or in a cloud they choose.” – Konstantin Richter, CEO, and Founder of Blockdaemon
Protocol Updates & Spotlights
This month we’ve made updates to our High Availability (HA) node offerings that add significant functionality. We’re beta testing our newest high availability node offerings with select customers. Contact us if you want to participate in the beta. Our solution includes:
- Replicated reverse proxy to avoid RP layer becoming a single point of failure.
- Reverse proxy layer matches client requests with a single node to maintain statefulness.
- Nodes checked regularly for health; unhealthy nodes are evicted from the pool and replaced.
- Latency & throughput metrics observed 24/7 to ensure quality of service and uptime. Distributed deployment with no single points of failure.
The latest releases this month for Harmony included two major upgrades:
- From epoch 230, block time will be shortened to 5 seconds, block rewards will be adjusted accordingly to maintain the same issuance rate. Epoch time will be shortened to ~1 day
- From epoch 231, the number of open slots will increase to 640
Polkadot has made huge strides in the past month, most notably enabling governance, removing Sudo, and becoming permissionless. In addition, the first voting on the chain took place to keep balance transfers and full functionality enabled. With these massive achievements, we look forward to next steps in August. Stake for free on our validator or run your own dedicated validator node.
In the past month, Celo launched Celo Dollars (cUSD), their digital currency, enabling value to be shared in smarter, better ways.The launch of Celo Dollars provides a mobile-friendly form of digital money that can be used by 6 billion smartphone users. The immediate use cases include: enabling faster & affordable remittances, reducing operational complexities of delivering humanitarian aid, and facilitating payments with ease. Participate in the network by staking for free on our public validator or running your own dedicated validator node!
SKALE, the elastic blockchain network, is a PoS consensus model with highly configurable fully decentralized chains that are instantly compatible with Ethereum. The SKALE team launched phase 1 of their mainnet earlier this month with the SKALE Network living both on Ethereum Mainnet & on SKALE Network nodes. We’re excited to keep the momentum going and supporting this team! Contact us if you are interested in running your own validator node.
News and Events
FutureProof, a technical summit on Mining Innovation, Self-Sovereignty and Privacy, and ‘Doomsday’ Prep is being held on August 22nd & 23rd. Secure your spot for free today! Our CEO Konstantin Richter will be sharing insights during multiple talks!
Governance in PoS Networks
Network governance models for PoS projects is one of the biggest topics in crypto today. At this virtual event, SKALE invites the founders of Bison Trails, Figment, Blockdaemon and Chainflow to talk about governance models, the role of validators in developing and advancing PoS networks, different voting mechanisms, and the role of PoS networks today and 10 years from now.
Jack O’Holleran, Co-Founder at SKALE Labs, will give a short overview of SKALE’s validator economics, and will describe the node setup process, which is among the most effortless in the industry. If you missed the conversation, listen to the recording here!
- Wirecard Folds: A Blow to Crypto Cards, but a Chance for Blockchain
- Twitter Hack – Security Researcher Points to Notorious Sim Swap Fraudsters
- Coinbase Reportedly Planning IPO, Crypto Industry Comments on Possibility of First Digital Asset Exchange to Go Public in the US
- Crypto Industry Expresses Cautious Optimism about Coinbase Listing Reports
- Fintech Giants Paypal And Venmo To Launch Crypto Payments Service
- Algorand Asia Accelerator: Introducing Blockdaemon Founder & CEO Konstantin Richter
- Blockchain Interviews – Konstantin Richter, CEO of Blockdaemon, Blockchain Infrastructure Platform