We Know Nodes.
Proof of Stake (PoS) represents the hottest wave of innovation embraced by many of the most popular blockchain projects on the market today. Investors and institutions can no longer ignore the fact that the growing revenue stream is an extremely valuable tool to have in your portfolio and firms are recognizing that.
From the latest Blockdata report, “Reaching a global market cap of over $100 trillion for the first time in history, the capital markets industry is the most money-driven and interwoven sector in our global economy today.”
JP Morgan recently published, “we are witnessing significantly faster growth of the proof-of-stake ecosystem as new tokens increasingly follow the proof-of-stake protocol rather than proof-of-work, in part reflecting concerns about the energy consumption and resource utilization needed to mine Bitcoin and other proof-of-work tokens. We estimate that staking is currently a $9bn business for the crypto economy, will grow to $20bn following the Ethereum merge, and could get to $40bn by 2025 should proof-of-work grow to the dominant protocol.”
Read more below for the latest updates and our support of the growing PoS ecosystem!
Company and Protocol Updates
NOW AVAILABLE IN THE APP!
Blockdaemon is delighted to provide full end-to-end node management for Dogecoin. Since its inception, Dogecoin has represented a fun and easy to use way to transfer value at the click of a few buttons.
Karura is a scalable, EVM-compatible network optimized for DeFi. The platform offers a suite of financial applications including: a trustless staking derivative (liquid KSM), a multi-collateralized stablecoin backed by cross-chain assets (kUSD), and an AMM DEX – all with micro gas fees that can be paid in any token. Its sister network Acala aims to be the DeFi hub for Polkadot and the two projects will eventually be interoperable.
Moonriver is a companion network to Moonbeam and provides a permanently incentivized canary network to the main Moonbeam chain. New code ships to Moonriver first, where it can be tested and verified under real economic conditions. Once proven, the same code ships to Moonbeam on Polkadot.
Moonbeam is a developer-oriented parachain that strives to provide compatibility with the existing Ethereum developer toolchain and network. It does this by providing a full EVM implementation, a Web3-compatible API, and bridges that connect Moonbeam to existing Ethereum networks. This allows developers to deploy existing Solidity smart contracts and dApp frontends to Moonbeam with minimal changes.
Acala (ACA) is the all-in-one DeFi hub of Polkadot. Acala is an Ethereum-compatible platform for financial applications to use smart contracts or built-in protocols with out-of-the-box cross-chain capabilities and robust security. The platform also offers a suite of financial applications including: a trustless staking derivative (liquid DOT), a multi-collateralized stablecoin backed by cross-chain assets (Acala’s aUSD stablecoin), and an AMM DEX – all with micro gas fees that can be paid in any token.
With upcoming product releases on the horizon, we are looking for valuable feedback from the community. Sign up here to beta test some of our upcoming products before they are released! BETA TESTERS WANTED! Sign Up Here
News & Events
“Ethereum is ushering in a seismic shift in the way the industry operates.”-Konstantin Richter What Will Ethereum’s London Hard Fork Do As An Upgrade?
“Staking is only in its infancy, but it offers vast potential to transform the financial system and how everyday users generate returns on their savings and investments.” Staking is the Quiet Giant of Crypto Yield
Join Dystopia Labs and Konstantin Richter for a #PlayfulSummit discussion about NFTs, DAOs, and DeFi. Sept 29th and 30th.
Interesting Reading & Listening
- NEW BLOCKDAEMON BLOG!: A Closer Look at Kusama’s First Parachain Auction -We recently saw the successful roll out of the world’s maiden public parachain slot auction, which commenced 15th June 2021 on the Kusama blockchain! The winning project, Karura, is now the very first project to win a parachain auction. More than 15,000 network stakeholders locked up their Kusama (KSM) tokens to support the project’s success. This gives Karura a 48-week lease of a Kusama parachain.
- INDEPENDENT: US blockchain firm Blockdaemon eyes jobs growth in Galway “Ireland is our fastest growing hub of blockchain talent, particularly engineering.”- Cecily Mak, COO of Blockdaemon
- FINTECH INDUSTRY REPORT: BTIG Research “One of our advantages in the blockchain space is its status as a pure-play, independent provider offering a fast, easy and cost-effective way to spin up nodes and scale decentralized applications”- Konstantin Richter, CEO & founder of Blockdaemon
- FTX Signs New Deals with Tom Brady and MLB –NFL star quarterback Tom Brady and his wife, Gisele Bündchen, will each be taking an equity stake in FTX Trading Ltd.. In addition, FTX has partnered with the MLB and MLBPA to sponsor the leagues and individuals-including branding on the umpires; first seen at the MLB All Star Game.
- COINDESK: China’s Ban on Crypto Mining Is More Serious Than Before-In recent weeks, China has come down hard on crypto mining by shuttering operations across at least five provinces or regions that are rich in either coal or hydropower.
The team continues to expand so check us out and apply! And as always, get the latest on new releases and product updates on the Blockdaemon Blog, follow the discussion on Twitter and Linkedin, and feel free to reach out to us with any questions you have at firstname.lastname@example.org.