New Releases and Partnerships
As October comes to a close, Blockdaemon is busier than ever. We’re participating in staking competitions, adding new nodes and features to our web console, and routing payments on the Lightning Network (while helping you participate on your own as well).
Check out what we’ve been up to:
Blockdaemon has begun running a limited beta of access to our forthcoming data API products. Data APIs will feature a standard interface across chains, access to historical data (backed by our high availability nodes), and visibility into transaction pools. Contact us to learn more and get early access.
Blockdaemon continues its commitment to Stellar with a release of Core-only nodes. Launch a node from our web console and have your Core-only node running in minutes. We also continue our progress toward becoming a Tier 1 organization and are being listed in quorum sets of leading validators.
Blockdaemon was at the Lightning Conference in Berlin earlier in October, where we launched Lightning nodes. If you haven’t tried out Lightning, you should see what we’re offering — full Bitcoin nodes with LND and RTL. Read more about Blockdaemon + Lightning.
We’re also routing payments on the Lightning network with our hub:
The Kusama network has formally made its transition to Proof-of-Stake and Blockdaemon is validating transactions on the network. We’re excited to celebrate this milestone on Kusama, and invite you to join us. Read more about how you can stake or validate on the Kusama network today.
Staking competitions will keep the end of the year exciting! NEAR’s Stake Wars begin the first week of November. Later in the month, Celo will begin their Great Celo Stake Off. Participation is easy — we’ll be involved with both and can help you out. Contact us to run a Near or Celo node so you can participate in these staking competitions!
News and Events
November 14, 2019 at 6pm
Polkadot is one of the most anticipated mainnet launches of the year. By end of this year, Dots will be traded, staked and held by investors.
Coinshare’s Meltem Demirors will moderate a discussion between Blockchange Partner, Ken Seiff, and Blockdaemon Founder, Konstantin Richter, to discuss:
- How can an investor safely engage in the network?
- What are the main concerns?
- What are the risks and strategies to mitigate them?
- What 3rd party solutions exist and how do they all stack up — Accounting, Custody, Nodes etc.?
Very important: there will be Shake Shack.
Doors open and appetizers/beverages served at 6pm. Event starts at 6:45pm.
BlockWorks Group: Digital Asset Summit 2019
November 13, 2019
Cipriani South Street
Excited to announce our participation in the BlockWorks Group Digital Asset Summit. Konstantin Richter, Founder/CEO of Blockdaemon, will be speaking on the panel “Integrating Institutions into Crypto.”
Event details, agenda, and tickets here.
Stellar Meridian Conference
November 4-5, 2019
We’re excited to be a part of the Stellar Meridian Conference! Blockdaemon’s Founder/CEO, Konstantin Richter will be discussing “Stellar Ops: Tips and Tricks for Running Stellar-Core, Horizon, and more.”
Click here for more details.
Interesting Reading & Listening
- Proof of Work vs. Proof of Stake: What’s The Difference?: Two of the most commonly used consensus mechanisms in the blockchain industry today are known as proof of work and proof of stake. This guide will help acquaint you with each model, as well as explain their pros and cons.
- Enterprise adoption of Lightning Network is vital for its growth and resilience: We at Blockdaemon are ecstatic about the potential of Lightning to ease the burden of on-chain transactions for Bitcoin and think the time is right for the first stage of enterprise tooling for Lightning.
- Looking for the latest updates from Blockdaemon? Head over to our Help Center, read the latest updates about the protocols we support and join the discussions in our community!