Postman (Quick Start)
This guide allows you to quickly get started with Ubiquity.
Within this guide, we explain how to use Ubiquity with Postman. Alternative clients and methods of access are available: see quick start guides for other tools.
1. Generate a Ubiquity API Key on Blockdaemon App
To use the Ubiquity API, you need to get the API access key. This is a 47-character unique number.
To generate a Ubiquity API key, sign up to the Blockdaemon application and take the following steps:
- Navigate to the Ubiquity API section
- Click on Start using the Blockdaemon API
- In the pop-up window, enter your desired Key Name
- Click on the Create API Key button to generate the key
- Click on your key to copy it
Existing Blockdaemon API key holders:
- Navigate to Ubiquity API > Configure
- Click on Create New Key
- Take steps 3–5 above
Check out Keke’s video guide on creating your Ubiquity API Key
- If you lose the key, you will not be able to retrieve it.
- You should immediately store your key in a secure place.
2. Install Postman
The easiest way to access Ubiquity is via a GUI API client, for example, Postman (Alternative clients and methods of access are available).
You can sign up to Postman and either:
- Install the application on your computer
- Use the web version