How to Stake EVMOS (Evmos)
Evmos is an application-agnostic blockchain fully compatible with Ethereum and interoperable with other BFT chains through IBC. Evmos allows projects to run Ethereum as a Cosmos application-specific backend. EVMOS is the native cryptocurrency token on the Evmos network and is easy to stake with Blockdaemon.
Evmos is built to be scalable and proof-of-stake based, running on top of the Tendermint Core consensus engine. This lets developers use Ethereum’s specific capabilities while enjoying Tendermint’s proof-of-stake implementation.
Follow the steps below to stake your EVMOS:
- Access Your Wallet
- Select the Evmos Blockchain
- Select the Blockdaemon Validator
- Delegate Your Funds to Blockdaemon
You can also check out our Evmos (EVMOS) staking walkthrough video
Step 1 – Access Your Wallet
- For this example, we are using a Keplr wallet browser extension
- If you don’t have the Keplr wallet, you can download the Keplr wallet here
- This guide is broadly applicable to other wallets, although specific details may vary
Step 2 – Select the Evmos Blockchain
- At the top of your Keplr wallet browser extension, select the blockchain dropdown menu
- Scroll down until you see the Evmos network and select it
- This will update your wallet to show your Evmos balance
- If you do not have Evmos tokens in your Keplr wallet, you will need to deposit some before staking.
- Note: You may be eligible for the Evmos Rektdrop. Check here for details on Claiming Your Evmos Rektdrop
Step 3 – Select the Blockdaemon Validator
- Click the Stake button
- This will take you to a list of active validators
- Search for Blockdaemon by using ctrl+f (windows) or command+f (mac) and entering Blockdaemon
- Click the Manage > button corresponding to the Blockdaemon validator
- This will display the Blockdaemon validator popup
Step 4 – Delegate Your Evmos to Blockdaemon
- Click the Delegate button in the Blockdaemon validator popup window
- This will display a warning message and allow you to enter an amount to delgate
- Enter the amount of EVMOS you want to delegate
- Click the Delegate button
- This will open your Keplr wallet browser extension
- If you are happy to proceed, click the Approve button
- You will then need to wait a few moments while the transaction is processing
- Once completed, click manage on the Blockdaemon validator again. The popup window will be displayed, showing the amount you have delegated with Blockdeamon
Congratulations, you are now successfully participating in the Evmos network!
Interested in running your own Evmos Validator? Send us a message to get started.