How to Stake AVAX (Avalanche)
Avalanche is the fastest smart contracts platform in the blockchain industry, as measured by time-to-finality. AVAX is the Avalanche network’s native token and is easy to stake with Blockdeamon.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to stake AVAX tokens. Note that the staking process is non-custodial, which means that you are in full control of your private keys.
Here’s how to stake your Avalanche AVAX tokens:
- Access Your AVAX Wallet
- Select the Blockdaemon Node ID
- Specify the Stake Amount
- Check Your AVAX Rewards
You can also check out our AVAX staking walkthrough video
Step 1 – Access the AVAX Wallet
- Go to wallet.avax.network and click Access Wallet. Select how you want to access your wallet.
- Enter the required information, and then click Access Wallet. The Avalanche dashboard opens, and you’re ready to stake AVAX.
Step 2 – Select the Blockdaemon Node ID
- Click Earn in the left sidebar of the dashboard.
- Verify that your funds are available on the Platform Chain, also known as the P-Chain. If your funds are already on the P-Chain, you’re ready to delegate. You can read more about the different chains in the Avalanche documentation.
- If your funds are not on the P-Chain, you have to transfer them to the P-Chain. Click Transfer in the Cross Chain Transfer area. Enter the Source Chain and the Destination Chain (P-Chain) and the amount to transfer to the P-Chain. Click Confirm, and then return to the Earn page.
- Click Add Delegator in the Delegator area.
- Copy and paste the Blockdaemon node ID into the Select node to delegate field, and then select the node.
The Blockdaemon AVAX Node Operator ID is:
Note that there’s a limit to the total amount of delegations a validator on the Avalanche network can accept at any given time. If you want to check that Blockdaemon has capacity to accept your stake, go to Avascan.info, and copy the Blockdaemon node ID into the search field. Go to the Delegations area where you can see if there’s free space.
Step 3 – Specify the AVAX Stake Amount
- On the Earn page, enter the amount of AVAX you want to stake in Stake Amount.
- Enter the date you want the staking of the tokens to end in Staking End Date. The minimum delegation period is two weeks. When the staking period has ended, the staked tokens are returned to your address. You can then stake them again with Blockdaemon.
- Click Confirm.
- Carefully review that the date, staked amount, wallet or reward address are correct, and then click Submit.
Step 4 – Set Delegation Amount and Confirm
- In the Transactions area in the right sidebar there’s a message saying Delegator added, which means that the delegation transaction was successful.
- To check the status of your staking rewards, click Portfolio in the left sidebar. In the Balance area you can see the amount that is staking and in the Transactions area, you can see the rewards you’ve received.
Interested in running your own Avalanche Validator? Send us a message to get started.