Last updated: February 15, 2019
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Platform or Website, Blockdaemon will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information.
When you purchase a Node subscription, and when you and your Authorized Users register to use the Platform, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address (collectively, “Personal Information”). Further, we request your email address, first and last name, and company when signing up for the mailing list on our Website. Except to the extent described herein, we do not collect any Personal Information from you unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily. Personal Information may also include the personal information of third parties that may be contained in your Customer Materials. You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents from any individual whose Personal Information you transfer to Blockdaemon in connection with the Agreement.
2. Billing Information.
3. Geolocational Information.
Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
4. Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Geolocational Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity. In order to provide you certain features and functionalities of the Platform or Website, and in an ongoing effort to improve our Platform, Website, and services, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Platform or Website, and integrate it with your other devices and services. Such information may include, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on the Platform or Website, what sections of the Platform or Website you visit, etc.;
- information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information, and network type; and
- activity and usage information occurring via the Platform or Website, including, without limitation, the Nodes that develop.
b. From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit to our Platform or Website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform or Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform or Website may not function properly.
c. Third-Party Analytics and Customer Support Providers.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection (if available by such third parties), please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform or Website.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
For SOASTA mPulse, please visit https://www.akamai.com/us/en/about/compliance/data-protection-at-akamai.jsp
For Keen IO, please visit https://keen.io/privacy-policy
For Zopim, please visit https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/privacy-policy
d. Third-Party Retargeters.
For Google AdWords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Platform or Website and to improve the same; to process transactions; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information with or to other companies, who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, provide you with support, and to address your questions or requests regarding our Platform or Website.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. In particular, Blockdaemon uses a third-party cloud hosting provider to store user Information and configurations. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers and our Platform or Website, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform or Website and services. This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous user statistics in order to describe our Platform or Website and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (iii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blockdaemon or others.
Retention of Personal Information
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Website and Platform are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including, but not limited to, your Personal Information and Billing Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform or Website, you hereby consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition, Blockdaemon does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us